Sunday, September 21, 2014

Another Great 5e Weekend

It is the the first weekend of Fall (more or less) and that means a lot of yard work for me including cleaning up my wife's garden.  I don't mind. I love getting all the fresh veggies.



But this weekend was also a great 5th Edition D&D weekend.

Began our time picking up a couple copies of the newest Monster Manual.



The new Monster Manual is a damn attractive book.  Like so much of D&D5 it reads like a "greatest hits" of D&D.  Yest there is still plenty of room for more books especially a Fiend Folio.

Tonight the family explored the temple in Castle Amber.  They might more of the crazy Ambers and manged to get one character turned to stone.  Fortunately for the paladin, the sorcerer still had a wand of negation that could undo one magical effect.  So our paladin was back.

But the dice were cold tonight and we stopped after a couple of hours.  Still, more fun to be had at Castle Amber.

3 comments:

Pun Isaac said...

How is Castle Amber?

I bought it less than a year ago and I've skimmed though it, but I've not given it a thorough read through.

Timothy S. Brannan said...

Love Castle Amber. It reads like proto-Ravenloft and is full of weird Clark Ashton Smith ideas.

Pun Isaac said...

Sounds good to me! I'll have to add it to my list of things I need to run.