Wednesday, August 27, 2014

#RPGaDAY Day 27, Game You’d like to see a new / improved edition of…

#RPGaDAY Day 27, Game You’d like to see a new / improved edition of…

That's easy.

C.J. Carella's WitchCraft RPG

There have been two editions so far. 1st Ed was from Myrmidon Press.


The more popular 2nd edition was from Eden Studios.


I would love to see (or better yet write!) a new 3rd Edition.

For a 3rd Edition I would like to see the course creation more streamlined. Like you see in the Cinematic Unisystem books.  Make the base rules the same as Beyond Human and add in some material from Armageddon (which looks very dated now).

I would also increase the number of Lesser Supernaturals you could play and bring the Bast under that group.   I would also provide an appendix for adding Cinematic style Drama points to the Classic game.

As much as I love the magic system in Ghosts of Albion I would keep the Essence based metaphysics of WitchCraft.  But I think I would also include the Ghosts/Buffy system as a lesser form of spell casting.

Though I will admit a 3rd edition is a hard sell.  Currently Eden gives WitchCraft away for free (sans art).
And in truth it would be very, very hard to top that cover.

2 comments:

minitrue said...

A third edition of Witchcraft would be great, but agree it's hard to see it happening.

I'd also like to see a new & revised version of Alternity, but also know that will never happen either, as WotC has no interest in it.

Jens D. said...

Don't know if it needs to be a 3rd edition, but seeing a (maybe revised?) 2nd edition in print again would be a very nice thing. Love the game and we're about to start a campaign with it ... So who needs to be bribed to make this happen?