Monday, July 29, 2013

Finally getting to PLAY some 4e

Well better late than never I guess.

I joined an online game of D&D 4th Edition as a player, not as a DM.
Got a couple of hours in tonight and it was really fun.  I am getting to play the character I want, a witch, which is great (and believe it or not a rarity for me recently).  I nearly got killed, even with the rests, extended rests and healing from a cleric.

It is taking place in Eberron, which I know jack about but that is fine.  But so far we seem to be going through the Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh. The DM hasn't said that is what we are doing, but it feels familiar enough.  Either way, I'll put my modules up and out of the way till then.
No idea how long the game will last, but right now it is fun and if I can get in a couple of hours here and there (depending on the other two) then it will be fine with me.

I'd still love to get my 4e game back up and running to be honest, but weekends have been shot due to work or other commitments.  Hell. I was supposed to be working tonight on a social psych course.

3 comments:

Jeremy "frothsof" Smith said...

Nice! I really like what they did with the Witch in 4e.

Timothy S. Brannan said...

It's not bad and I have no desire to make my own witch class in 4e, which is a first really.

Rachel Ghoul said...

I actually sort of dug the 4e witch too.

You'll like Eberron, I think, it's one of my favorite settings. Just classic enough to resonate, but with lots of niggling little chunks of uniqueness to make it fresh.