Thursday, June 23, 2011

I recommend...

I read a lot of books.
LOTS.

I just finished Christopher Hitchen's "God is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything" (it was a great book) and I have a new tablet with Nook, Kindle, Kobo and a generic e-reader apps all installed.  I have about 30 new books that I got for free; and not stolen mind you, but given to me and asked to read.

But I have bought one book.

Fellow blogger, Eden Freelancer, old-school publisher and my usual verbal sparing partner, Jason Vey has released his first novel, Broken Gods.


You can find it here, http://www.reliquarypress.com/Reliquary_Press/Welcome.html
Or at Amazon or Barnes & Noble.

I have the Nook version and can't wait to start it.  I read a first draft of it and I like the world Jason is building here.  If you are a fan of modern supernatural then this should be added to your list of things to buy and read.

I'll update you all as I am reading it.

But don't wait for me.  Go out and buy a copy.

4 comments:

The Grey Elf said...

Thanks, Tim! :D

Padre said...

I enjoy reading, but I doubt I'll read Hitchen's book. The Broken Gods books sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing on both.

Timothy S. Brannan said...

Hitchens' book is obviously of one temperament, but Broken Gods is a good bit of supernatural fiction. What I like about it is that Jason set it in a place he knows well, Pittsburgh.

Hitchens' doesnt need my cheerleading, but Jason has a cool book here and I want to let people know.

Anonymous said...

Hitchens may as well use a claymore and cork boots, he so thoroughly cleaves and conculcates theist and deist apologists.

I sat and watched a number of his debates on a variety of topics. One really could make a boxing or NFL most brutal hits reel and splice in highlights of CH's ruthless oratory brilliance to make the point.