Friday, February 25, 2011

Mutants and Masterminds 3

I love Mutants and Masterminds.

The third edition is out, and I have talked about it before, but flipping through the pages fills me with such geek-related glee that I can barely contain it.  Then you add my favorite comics on top of that, DC Comics, in a 100% compatible system then I wonder why I play anything else at this point.  Well maybe that is a stretch.

But not by much.

Mutants and Masterminds is by far one of the the best examples of how and why the OGL works so well.  It is the same basic d20 system, stripped down to the bare bones and then fine tuned, just enough, to be exactly what it needs to be.

Is it the best RPG ever? No, not by a long shot.
Is it the best Super Hero RPG ever?  Yeah, it probably is.

Third Edition has gone a long way to fixing a lot of the issues I had with 2nd Edition.  Mind you those were "issues" not "problems" and many could have been solved had played a few more games of it really.

I am looking forward to playing some with my boys at Gen Con.  I just hope I can get in to them this year.

2 comments:

Rhonin84 said...

From what I'm reading there won't be a lot of 3e MnM there this year...

I'm not sure other why that is, I agree that this version of the game is better than the previous.

Pun Isaac said...

I'm loving 3E. I've picked up every "Super Powered by 3E" product released and Hero Lab for 3E.

I'm not going to Gen Con, but I plan on trying to get into a session or so at Origins.